Boston Celtics - Page 1345
Page 1345 of 1639 FirstFirst ... 133513421343134413451346134713481355 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,450 of 16388
Like Tree1276Likes

Boston Celtics

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics within the Basketball forums, part of the Sports & Recreation category;

Default Re: Boston Celtics

kita ko ganina sa duwa. sugod nako tigum para playoffs

2.    Advertisement

go go go go hehe

OT: (Repost Polly's post)

Who's in? Celtic Cebu fans gathers again as we witness together the NBA 2012-2013 Season opening with a East Finals rematch HEAT-CELTIC game. This would be fun for sure especially seeing our old Celtic Ray Allen in a Heat uniform..

Date: October 31, 2012 (Wednesday)
    Assembly time: 7:00AM
    Meeting Place: Stellar DVD Movie House (Raintree Mall)

Confirm attendees:

1. pollybusngiw
    2. pierced
    3. StingerRay
    4. pinoy
    5. donrey
    6. mrs. pierced
    7. slakker

Please copy and paste this posted area if you wanna join the meetup. The more, the merrier.

PS: HEAT fans are welcome..hahaha..no kidding..

----------------------------------

BOSTON CELTICS 105 | EMPORIO ARMANI MILANO 75

CELTICS BOXSCORES:

RECAP HIGHLIGHTS:

POST GAME:

recap courtesy of CelticsLife Jenda
    Just days after losing to Fenerbahce, Celtics faced another top
    European team in Emporio Armani Milan.
    And from the start it was a different game completely. Green team
    defended their basket and played true Celtics basketball all around.
    Rondo was faster than a lightning, penetrating to the basket and
    hitting jumpers in the first. Later we had the opportunity to see more
    of Terry at point and he seemed much more confident than in Turkey.
    Celtics still tallied 14 turnovers but the game looked less sloppier
    than the first preseason game.

From the looks of it I'd say Milano are much weaker opponent than
    Fenerbahce but still provided nice test for the Celtics bench. Dionte
    Christmas showed up to the task of playing NBA guard with 9 points on
    4 of 6 shooting and out of the trio of him, Smith and Joseph fighting
    for the spot, he looks like the safest bet so far. Another stellar
    performance by Jared Sullinger who scored 9 points and added 7 big
    rebounds. Darko had great game defensively with 9 rebounds and 4
    blocks, complemented by solid +/- stat. Best scorers for Celtics were
    Rondo and Green, both with 17 points in 24 minutes of playing time.
    Both played the way Doc needs them to for the team to fulfill the
    rising hopes of Celtics nation.

Fab Melo is probably headed to D-League as hinted by Scal, he could be
    practicing with Celtics and Red Claws to get the most out of his
    talent but he's not quite there yet. With strong performances by
    Green, Bass, Milicic and Sullinger, he isn't likely to get minutes on
    the current Celtics squad.

Overall this game shows that Celtics have gathered great talent and
    are on the way of working out the last issues. It looks like Danny
    managed to cure the biggest scares from last season, rebounding and
    bench scoring. Hopefully this translates to the regular season.

SOURCE:
    Celtics defense suffocates EA7 Milano, 105-75 | CelticsLife.com - Boston Celtics Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts

I've seen the game last dawn (12am-2am+)... In the 1st quarter where RR9 dropping 15pts. (Rondo Show) as early as it is... He's so poised and focus from all areas (rebounds, playmaking, defense, jumpshots, etc). I think he's on a mission this season. ... Then 2nd quarter is they boost their lead up to 13pts. lead by 2nd unit squad... Darko contributes in the defensive end (4 blks, 9 reb). 3rd quarter stretch more the lead up to 25pts. lead by key starters and rookie Sully... 4th quarter is the maintaining and stretch bit the lead by rookies and camp invites players...

Great game and good defensive scheme to suffocate the Italian ball club at the 3rd quarter.

'Till next pre-season game.

GO CELTICS!
    Last edited by StingerRay; 10-08-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    slakker likes this.

Rondo's more confident now..he took those J's without any hesitation and mostly able to make it to the bucket..

looking good atong lineup ron da, Sully is really a big catch for us..fighting for rebound jud bataa, mao ni ako fav type na player, kanang gamiton jud ang lawas just to get the ball..pina MANIMAL ba..hehehe

excited for the season, hope injuries wont barred our path to our mission this season.

Go Celtics..

btw, join our FB page for more info sa atong meetup for the season opening..

Quote Originally Posted by pollybusngiw View Post
    Rondo's more confident now..he took those J's without any hesitation and mostly able to make it to the bucket..

looking good atong lineup ron da, Sully is really a big catch for us..fighting for rebound jud bataa, mao ni ako fav type na player, kanang gamiton jud ang lawas just to get the ball..pina MANIMAL ba..hehehe

excited for the season, hope injuries wont barred our path to our mission this season.

Go Celtics..
    If imo ikumpara si Sullinger kang Manimal, mura'g layo ra kaau sila in terms of athleticism. Athletic man kaayo to si manimal. Pero si Sully (Smoky The Swag Bear... ) knows where to use his body to grab rebounds without using athletic leaping ability.

He's like BBD 2.0 and poor's man Kevin Love in terms of rebounding. Nakakita ko ug flaws sa iya duwa gabii kay he forced to post move offense against big man than him. Mas maayo iya to i-kick out sa gawas 'cause he's a tweener down the paint if taller big will guard him. But he knows how to dominate if mismatch ang iya mugwardya sa paint. He works well with starters and bench as Doc said. If he can consistently do that 'till the end of the season, Danny Ainge will look genius to other GM's in the last draft.
    Last edited by StingerRay; 10-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerRay View Post
    If imo ikumpara si Sullinger kang Manimal, mura'g layo ra kaau sila in terms of athleticism. Athletic man kaayo to si manimal. Pero si Sully (Smoky The Swag Bear... ) knows where to use his body to grab rebounds without using athletic leaping ability.

He's like BBD 2.0 and poor's man Kevin Love in terms of rebounding. Nakakita ko ug flaws sa iya duwa gabii kay he forced to post move offense against big man than him. Mas maayo iya to i-kick out sa gawas 'cause he's a tweener down the paint if taller big will guard him. But he knows how to dominate if mismatch ang iya mugwardya sa paint. He works well with starters and bench as Doc said. If he can consistently do that 'till the end of the season, Danny Ainge will look genius to other GM's in the last draft.
    dli gyud surprise ang DUla ni Sullinger mao gyud dinuwaan nya ang question man gyud sa mga teams when he was drafted as hi back I guess he's ok. Celt's risk really paid off taking him in the draft.. he will still improve if injuries dnt befall his carreer he is a good fit for the celtics. I hope too the Celts get Josh Smith he is a great fit for doc to help. I still dnt see a consistent outside threat like Allen. but courtney lee is there and green, young and still hopeful for these 2 to contribute the jet will be there streaky as he is with his shooting. I saw there games they look very promising. Fab Melo is advertised he's a project.
    Last edited by dirk14; 10-08-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk14 View Post
    dli gyud surprise ang DUla ni Sullinger mao gyud dinuwaan nya ang question man gyud sa mga teams when he was drafted as hi back I guess he's ok. Celt's risk really paid off taking him in the draft.. he will still improve if injuries dnt befall his carreer he is a good fit for the celtics. I hope too the Celts get Josh Smith he is a great fit for doc to help. I still dnt see a consistent outside threat like Allen. but courtney lee is there and green, young and still hopeful for these 2 to contribute the jet will be there streaky as he is with his shooting. I saw there games they look very promising. Fab Melo is advertised he's a project.
    Yeah, outside shooting threat is missing in the part of RA. Terry is a streaky shooter but he helps the spacing on what Doc needs. As the two pre-seasons I've seen, there are lot of offensive set plays been called. Unlike before where RA is on the team, multiple picks & screen are set for him and if not done well, kick out to PP or KG for a jumpshot. But now, I can see a lot of plays used for other new guys to fit for the system.

It's pre-season games already and I don't divulge more and I'll keep monitoring on those promising players in the team to be converted there performances in regular season games. Key starter players are proven in the C's system and it's up to the new guys to fit in also. At least, I'm happy for my team's overall performance as of yet.

I'm hopeful to Darko to give a decent minutes at backup center for KG. Fab Melo is very raw and not NBA ready. I haven't seen a pair of KG/Darko in the frontcourt on the last two pre-season games in which KG can play his natural position. I've seen a glimpse of Darko's contribution to the team as of this moment. Hopefully he can improve more and sustain longer. Playing with KG works well for Perkins before, hopefully Darko too. Maybe Doc had that in mind on few games this regular season.

And about Josh Smith, let's see if DA can grab him in the trade deadline or either in the Free Agency. It's up to Josh Smith's decision on where he will play long-term, its either the Hawks or other teams aside from Celtics.

Anyhow, a positive start for the C's!
    Last edited by StingerRay; 10-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.

pero what I realy like is the addition of courtney Lee very explosive to the hole... can we say same as the young RA milwakee era.

^^ He kinda remind me much of it. Avery does that but he's undersized unlike Courtney Lee. I love Lee's quick on-ball perimeter defense.

I've seen the weakness of our roster. Doc has spotted it and also I've seen it. Terry, Lee & Bradley are not legit backup point guard for Rondo.

They are very good in their position -
    • Terry (spot-up/streaky shooter)
    • Lee (quick backdoor/perimeter & explosive fastbreak player)
    • Bradley (good on-ball defender & also a backdoor cutter)

That will puzzle out for Doc when Dooling retires surprisingly. Hopefully they can figure it out as soon as the season goes.

“I like his skill set, but honestly I’m concerned about our backup point; I thought so far, the way we’ve played, Jason Terry is handling the ball a lot,” Rivers said before the Celtics’ 105-75 win over Emporio Armani Milano Sunday. “I don’t want that. I want him to be a scorer and I think him handling the ball takes away his best ability. And as a staff, we have to figure out something better for him. Courtney Lee the same way, I don’t want him overhandling it either, and right now with Avery [Bradley] out, we’re kinda stuck.
    “We have to figure that one out as a staff and put them in better spots, and I think that is on us more than them. But when Avery comes back, when those four guys come together, that’s a pretty good crew. I would say the best guard crew I’ve had since I’ve been in Boston.”
    SOURCE: Your Morning Dump… Where Doc sees a glaring weakness in the roster | Red's Army - The Voice of Boston Celtics Fans
    Dugaya pa ato sunod pre-season game against New York Knicks. Sunday sa ato @ 7:30 AM.
    Last edited by StingerRay; 10-10-2012 at 11:23 AM.