Boston Celtics - Page 1323
Page 1323 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 131313201321132213231324132513261333 ... LastLast
Results 13,221 to 13,230 of 16329
Like Tree1253Likes

Boston Celtics

This is a discussion on Boston Celtics within the Basketball forums, part of the Sports & Recreation category;

Default Re: Boston Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoyRJ View Post
    Kevin Garnett is still alive? wtf.
    where have u been bro? ngano wla man ka khbw sa update?

Banned User

hahaha.. this Ray Allen trade talks don't die down, do they?

Yes, this Celtics team has a very very rich history. If not for LeBron, I would have chosen this team after I noticed that Kobe became more and more like a croc during their 3-peat in the early 2000s. hehehe..

Anyways, IMO - the Rondo feud & starting five issues could have been controlled. Pierce and KG were there to whisper those subliminal words to Allen to stay focus and look at the bigger picture.

What brought the hammer down? The trade talks!

That's a tough thing to deal with by a proud man, esp. with Allen's caliber. He knows he still has it. You and I know he still has it, amidst injuries and him being old. If only those trade talks were controlled by the Celtics management and assured Allen of no such thing existed, then he might still be wearing the Green jersey until now.

Just my two cents..
    Last edited by King LeBron; 08-08-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King LeBron View Post

Yes, this Celtics team has a very very rich history. If not for LeBron, I would have chosen this team after I noticed that Kobe became more and more like a croc during their 3-peat in the early 2000s. hehehe..

Anyways, IMO - the Rondo feud & starting five issues could have been controlled. Pierce and KG were there to whisper those subliminal words to Allen to stay focus and look at the bigger picture.

That's a tough thing to deal with by a proud man, esp. with Allen's caliber. He knows he still has it. You and I know he still has it, amidst injuries and him being old. If only those trade talks were controlled by the Celtics management and assured Allen of no such thing existed, then he might still be wearing the Green jersey until now.

Just my two cents..

the art of bandwagoning... hehehe!
    bofox44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by King LeBron View Post

Just my two cents..
    There's a difference if you're a player fan and a TEAM fan. I'm more of a TEAM/FRANCHISE fan. I don't think Lebron comes to Boston ("a pipe dream") and with his mentality as an individual (likes the media spotlight) in which he can't have that in Beantown community.

And about trade talks with Ray Allen, I'm so over it. Rondo has over been the trade talks since he signed the $55 million 5-year extension on 2009. If you don't performed well with your contract and seems not good for the franchise and the team, that's what the GM must do. You want the best for your team and like RA said, "It's all about business." The team gives you an investment of your contract, they expect you to return back with your performance for the team. Also the team environment/role may affect your overall performance but here Boston, the culture is to make sacrifices for the good of the team. That's why the monicker "Ubuntu" was created to it. If you can't take the culture to it, you don't belong here.

Previous Celtics HOF's has done that before because they have a brotherhood goal - "To win a championship as a team not as an individual." Heck, even Scalabrine was so proud part of the 2008 Championship being a cheerleader on the bench. Miss that dude.

No man is an island as per say. This present championship can't be done only to a single great skilled MVP player. You need a lending hand from others. Many have tried being a lone soldier and yet failed but these was proven from previous generations/teams.
    Last edited by StingerRay; 08-08-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    donrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerRay View Post
    There's a difference if you're a player fan and a TEAM fan. I'm more of a TEAM/FRANCHISE fan. I don't think Lebron comes to Boston ("a pipe dream") and with his mentality as an individual (likes the media spotlight) in which he can't have that in Beantown community.

And about trade talks with Ray Allen, I'm so over it. Rondo has over been the trade talks since he signed the $55 million 5-year extension on 2009. If you don't performed well with your contract and seems not good for the franchise and the team, that's what the GM must do. You want the best for your team and like RA said, "It's all about business." The team gives you an investment of your contract, they expect you to return back with your performance for the team. Also the team environment/role may affect your overall performance but here Boston, the culture is to make sacrifices for the good of the team. That's why the monicker "Ubuntu" was created to it. If you can't take the culture to it, you don't belong here.

Previous Celtics HOF's has done that before because they have a brotherhood goal - "To win a championship as a team not as an individual." Heck, even Scalabrine was so proud part of the 2008 Championship being a cheerleader on the bench. Miss that dude.

No man is an island as per say. This present championship can't be done only to a single great skilled MVP player. You need a lending hand from others. Many have tried being a lone soldier and yet failed but these was proven from previous generations/teams.
    mao jud, KG,PP and RR alone cant send this team into championship, they need support(bench). I think Lebron James imperfectly fit to C's because of his style and system....

Quote Originally Posted by StingerRay View Post

ang celtics nka-abot ug ECF not because of their superstars, its just because of their solid defense thru team work....

Quote Originally Posted by donrey View Post
    mao jud, KG,PP and RR alone cant send this team into championship, they need support(bench). I think Lebron James imperfectly fit to C's because of his style and system....
    ang celtics nka-abot ug ECF not because of their superstars, its just because of their solid defense thru team work....
    Good to have you onboard again, bro donrey.

The half decade run for the Celtics was great for the franchise and for the fans. They brought back the championship atmosphere in which legend Larry Bird was done to us from the past and also to the great Bill Russell & Red Auerbach. They relive the winning culture and Danny Ainge (disciple of Red) makes the team more competitive. 'Twas great for the franchise, indeed.

Let's keep focus for the future and what's next for our team. We have to solidify our rebounding skills 'cause we're worst last season. Being a defensive team must prioritize rebounding 'cause it will do wonders for second chance points, transition plays, fast break, etc. That will solidify being a good defensive teamwork in the C's system.

--------------------

I've read an article stating Doc Rivers he want to teach his big men to box out from the USA Olympic judo champ - Kayla Harrison. Hopefully, she will visit in the training camp in the future and teach the big boys.

Kayla Harrison is a self-described "huge" Celtics fan and admirer of coach Doc Rivers.

"I know nothing about judo," Rivers said. "Actually, her manager was trying to explain it to me because I told him that I saw a match that morning and it lasted about 10 seconds. The person was flat on her back and I wasn't sure what happened. But I told Kayla I needed her to teach all my bigs how to block out. She got a big kick out of that."

SOURCE: Judo champion Kayla Harrison meets Celtics coach Doc Rivers - The Boston Globe
    Last edited by StingerRay; 08-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Banned User

I think Lebron James imperfectly fit to C's because of his style and system....
    Say what?? hahahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    I like the offseason moves done by DA but Rondo-Pierce-Garnett core ain't gonna dominate and destroy the Monstar-like Heat .

Yep , the current team looks good on paper , but overall production is still unknown . I'm not expecting improvements on Pierce and Garnett's production on both offence and defence . I'm not even sold out on JT .

Rondo will be good . I'm pleased with the improvement on his shooting .

Heat is the best team in the East right now which is a fact or either of us are just refusing to admit the reality . The next best team in the East are ... Brooklyn , Knicks , Pacers , and Celtics . Considering the decline of production on both Pierce and Garnett ... Brooklyn , Knicks , and Pacers will be a tough to beat once playoff comes ... how much more against the Heat .
    Mao sad ni ilang gisulti last og last season ^^ Brooklyn w/o howard, Knicks w/ melo and amare ballhogging, and Pacers overrated ^^. Tan-awon lang nato ig playoffs.

still too early to speak..w8 nalang ko sa opening season.. kato mga taga cebu na C's hit my inbox basin magkajam2x ta inig opening.. Im a heat fan and you know what that means. just for fun dili negosyo..