Atlanta Hawks - Page 67
Page 67 of 147 FirstFirst ... 576465666768697077 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Atlanta Hawks

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks within the Basketball forums, part of the Sports & Recreation category;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cainez View Post
    ^^kinsa manang naligo sa dagat? haha mura goodbye JJ nani.. first touch palang sa bola giboohan na..
    mao bha brad? gi boohan si Joe Johnson sa ilang korte? luoya oie

Quote Originally Posted by cainez View Post
    ^^kinsa manang naligo sa dagat? haha mura goodbye JJ nani.. first touch palang sa bola giboohan na..
    Ambot kinsa na.. Murag ang taga TNT na nga tig photoshop nila.

Luoy bitaw ang Hawks, gi boohan sila sa crowd halos tibuok game. Can't blame them.

Although pagka human sa duwa they got some applause from those who stayed in the arena.

Blog Entries
    ^^ hinuon naghinam hinam sad to ang mga fans na nanan-aw nga bisag kadaug lang ug kaduha payts na atleast di kaingon nga giyano lang ang ilang team.. was that the last game of joe johnson and mike woodson as members of the hawks organization?

Quote Originally Posted by vcmov_15 View Post
    ^^ hinuon naghinam hinam sad to ang mga fans na nanan-aw nga bisag kadaug lang ug kaduha payts na atleast di kaingon nga giyano lang ang ilang team.. was that the last game of joe johnson and mike woodson as members of the hawks organization?
    Most likely.

Woodson has kept the Hawks at a steady improvement throughout the years... from 13 wins in 04-05 to the latest 53-wins. And he has kept the same game play for the most part, or eventually stuck with it:

- iso Joe
    - switching defense

The thing is, this type of offense is good for the regular season pero when it comes to the playoffs, coaches can figure out their play and make adjustments for the next game. For the Bucks, pilde jud to ang Hawks kung naa lang si Bogut because coach Skiles has figured out Woodson.

As for Johnson, it's a good thing he refused to sign the contract extension kay aron sad maka-huna2x ang front office kung siya ba jud ang kinahanglan sa Hawks ron. I'm just hoping for the management to start spending cash to turn this team around... and it starts with hiring a new coach and get depth.

I know Woodson has taken this team to where it's at right now, but I think somebody has to take it to the next level now.

Blog Entries
    ^^ oh well who could that next guy be? the one who will take the hawks to the next level...

maypa mag ilog mong bush, haha

Quote Originally Posted by vcmov_15 View Post
    ^^ oh well who could that next guy be? the one who will take the hawks to the next level...
    I'm hoping they try and lure Celtics defense guru Tim Thibodeau. At least try lang unta ug samok2x ba. Wa ta kahibawo, basin mokagat diay.

----------------

Nets Have Received Calls About Harris

If the Nets land the first overall pick, and in turn Kentucky's John Wall, current point guard Devin Harris might become available.

Although New Jersey hasn't ruled out playing the two together in the event they draft Wall, president Rod Thorn has already received calls about Harris.

"I can't lie about it," Thorn said. "I've had calls about that."

The Hawks, Heat and Pacers may have interest in Harris.

Link
    Last edited by lunateec22; 05-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Hmmnn...

"Just got a reliable tip...JJohnson has played his last game for the Hawks...thoughts?"

Jalen Rose (jalenrose) on Twitter

Mura'g ing-ana jud. I pray kung tinuod jud ni, sign-and-trade lang intawon...

Blog Entries
    big news big news... atleast wala pa gani nahuman ang post season naa nay mga rumors about this...

Sund: Players Need ‘Another Voice’ After Six Years of Woodson’s

Goodbye Woody

The Hawks decided not to offer coach Mike Woodson a new contract.

Woodson coached the Hawks for six seasons. The team improved its record in each of the last five years, including a 53-29 record this season that was fifth-best in franchise history, but GM Rick Sund decided the team needs a new leader.

“It was a hard decision,” Sund said. “When I analyzed and looked at it, I went round and round. Finally I think it got to the situation where the compelling thought is, ‘Maybe change is good for everybody.’ That happens quite a bit in the NBA. Maybe the players need to hear another voice, and maybe Mike needs to talk to another group.”

“It was rough starting out, but everything was smooth sailing a couple of years ago once we finally figured out what we wanted out of each other,” Josh Smith said. “You just hate to see somebody you came in the game with leave like this.”

-------------------

Mike Woodson timeline

July 2004: GM Billy Knight hires Mike Woodson, a Pistons assistant, to coach the Hawks.

April 2005: Hawks finish season 13-69, their worst record in franchise history.

August 2005: Trade with Phoenix for Joe Johnson, delayed by Hawks ownership squabble, finally is completed.

April 2006: Hawks finish season 26-56.

April 2007: Hawks finish season 30-52.

March 2008: AJC reports Knight had tried to fire Woodson more than once but was rebuffed by owners.

April 2008: Hawks qualify for playoffs despite 37-45 record; lose seven-game series to Boston, the eventual NBA champion.

May 2008: Knight resigns; Rick Sund hired as successor

June 2008: Sund signs Woodson to two-year contract.

April-May 2009: Hawks finish season 47-35; beat Miami in first round before being swept by Cleveland in Eastern Conference semifinals.

July 2009: Sund says Woodson won't be offered contract extension, per Sund's policy.

April-May, 2010: Hawks finish 53-29, the fifth-best record in franchise history; beat Milwaukee in first round before losing 4-0 to Orlando in East semifinals by total margin of 101 points, an NBA record.

May 14, 2010: Hawks announce Woodson won't be offered a new contract.

---------

Six years. I've watched the Hawks grow and improve after a 13-69 season that struck me the most as a Hawks fan. Woodson has kept the Hawks atop the Eastern Conference in the regular season in his last two years.

It's all been good Woody. I appreciate the work and all. It's just so bad that it will all come down to this. But it's time to move on.

The bar has been raised and change is imminent.